We sometimes use the Triplets as a communication device to relay messages. This is especially useful in the mornings while the CFO is getting ready for work and I am feeding our brood. She sends them in for her coffee and requests for her lunch and/or snacks to take to work.
As you can imagine somethings get lost in the translation. This morning Bruiser and Dash came in saying something that did not make sense but I like a challenge so I set about trying to decipher their code:
- Bruiser and Dash: “Mommy want a zerbert and beans in her purse.”
- Daddy: “She wants a what?”
- Bruiser and Dash: “She wants a zerbert and the beans she likes.”
- Daddy: “What beans?”
- Bruiser and Dash: “The beans that she eats”
- Daddy: “Are you sure she wants a zerbert?”
- Bruiser and Dash: “Yes, and the beans”
- Daddy: “OK, let’s go ask Mommy.”
It turns out she just wanted a Zertec-D. It seems that someone told all the pine trees that Spring started and the yellow cloud more commonly known as pollen has descended on our town. Let the sneezing begin!
No man ever listened himself out of a job.
Calvin Coolidge (1872 – 1933)
If you haven’t found something strange during the day, it hasn’t been much of a day.
John A. Wheeler