The CFO was helping out around the house yesterday when she noticed something. She was folding laundry when she realized that I go through A LOT of socks! When I say A LOT I mean:
For instance, yesterday I did some yard work so I went through a few more than usual. Six pair to be exact. Here is the breakdown:
- Pair one: when I got up for the day
- Pair two: when I took the Triplets to “school”
- Pair three: when my Dad and I left for lunch
- Pair four: after cleaning up from cutting the grass, heading out to pick up the Triplets
- Pair five: after cleaning up from yard work
- Pair six: heading out to return some clothes and go shopping
They are all the same type of sock. No show, white athletic socks. Yes, I have other socks but I wear these the most. Why so many?
- I clean up spots on the floor with my socks (while wearing them) This is a huge time saver!
- I like to wear clean socks when putting on my shoes. No sense getting the dirt from the floor in my shoes.
Since I do the laundry 95% of the time I do not really see the issue with it. Is it a little quirky? Sure, but I am a Stay at Home Dad and I wear shorts 360 days a year so I think I am a little more than quirky already:)