There are a lot of You Tube videos about what to carry if you are a survivalist. They give you a lot of good ideas although it will make you gain a pound or two:) Keep in mind this is just what I carry. I need some time to post all the stuff from my backpack and the van.
- Small bic lighter – laugh if you want but four year olds go to birthday parties and we go camping.
- Leatherman Micra – it has scissors (opening freeze pops), tweezeers (splinters), tiny screwdriver (fixing sunglasses), and a nail file (sorry I scratched you buddy)
- Cell phone
- Coast V2 Tactical Power Chip Torch LED Flashlight – other than having a ridiculously long name it throws 110 lumens 590 feet, perfect for looking for that stinking doll that is lost in the minivan:)
- A pen
- Leatherman Skeletool – pliars (fixing toys), a good blade for a multitool, flathead and phillips head screwdrivers and a bottle opener.
- Handkerchief – yes, I wipe snotty noses
- Money clip
- Several ponytail holders – to keep my princess looking good:)
Needless to say I wear cargo shorts. I need to get some cargo pants as I did have one day this winter where it was a bit too chilly to wear shorts (the high was below 30 degrees). I would like to add one thing to the mix but it will need to wait. It is the Casio Pathfinder PAW2000. It has a compass and is solar to mention a few of its features.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 – 1900)
Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe