The other day the CFO and I heard a scream from Addison then a VERY loud scream from William. We then heard William walking downstairs crying, which is a rare thing so we decided to investigate.
As it turns out Princess had just bit Bruiser. When I say bit I mean a full set of teeth marks on his back, the kind CSI would love to have in a crime. Here is a play by play:
- CFO: “Why did you bite him?”
- Princess: “He ate all my cake”
- CFO: “Where did you all get the cake?”
- Princess: “It was the cake I made”
- CFO: “You made cake?”
- Princess: “Yes, my pretend cake”
- CFO: “You bit Bruiser because he ate all of your pretend cake?”
- Princess: “YES!”
Princess was sobbing the entire time. The CFO and I had to try and stifle our laughter. The CFO then explained to Princess that being that it was/is pretend cake she can always have/make more. I think she gets it:)
We are all pretending The important thing is to maintain a straight face.
Modesty: the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.